Dr.-Ing. Udo Armbruster
Application-related development and testing of heterogeneous catalysts for
- petrochemical processes (oxidation, hydrogenation, alkylation) and fine chemistry
- high-pressure reaction engineering, supercritical fluids
- conversion of biomass and CO2
- upgrading of plant and pyrolysis oils via depolymerization and deoxygenation
- glycerol transformations (acrolein, oligomers, hydrogenolysis, esters)
- dry reforming and methanation of CO2
Catalyst characterization with temperature-programmed methods (TPR, TPD, TPO)
Autoclaves up to 5 L; continuous flow plants for ambient and elevated pressure; testing of industrial catalysts (5x5 mm) with automated operation is possible.
Routine analysis online with GC and IR sensors to monitor reaction progress; additionally GC/MS and TOC/IC are available; solid state characterization by N2 physisorption and ultrasound particle analysis.
Projects (State 2015)
- 4 bilateral industrial cooperations
- 2 publicly funded projects (BMU, EU/FNR)
- 7 PhD students (1 guest)