The Leibniz Institute for Catalysis at the University of Rostock (LIKAT) is one of the largest publicly funded research institute in the field of applied catalysis in Europe. The main areas of interest of the LIKAT are homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis. Our expertise involves development of methodology as well as application engineering.
The research is organized in the Program Departments 1-3 with the corresponding Research Departments:
- Applied Sustainable Catalytic Processes
Prof. Matthias Beller
- Innovative Methods and Technologies in Catalysis
Prof. Angelika Brückner
- Special (metal)organic Syntheses and Catalyses
Prof. Uwe Rosenthal
- Modern Technologies | Prof. Uwe Rosenthal
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis | Dr. habil. Torsten Beweries
- Hydrogenations and Hydroformylations | Prof. Armin Börner
»Uni in Leibniz«
- Junior Research Groups
- Catalytic Functionalization | Dr. Jola Pospech
- Small Molecule Activation | Dr. Christian Hering-Junghans
- Polymer Chemistry and Catalysis | Dr. Oscar Esteban Mejia Vargas
The Research Departments are subdivided into several research topics. Within these, several scientists are conducting research under the guidance of a group leader.
In some Research Departments research is performed on explorative projects. In this context a project leader is supervising the exploration of new projects and ideas that are outside the scope of the original research program.