Liquid Phase Oxidations
Dr. Angela Köckritz
Our core competencies are specialised in:
- Oxidation catalysis
- Selective oxidations: oxidative conversions of olefins (epoxidation, dihydroxylation, C=C cleavage), oxidation of alkohols and alkyl aromatics to aldehydes, oxidation of al¬dehydes to carboxylic acids and of polyols to hydroxy¬carboxylic acids)
- Total oxidation of organic vapours
- Chemical utilization of renewables
- Functionalisation of fatty acids, triglycerides and glycerol
- Reactions with monosaccharides and their derivatives
- Synthesis of monomers (e.g. diols, polyols, dicarboxylic acids, diamines) for production of bio-based plastics
New catalytic systems are developed which are able to generate products with defined properties from typical mixtures of materials achieved from natural sources.
Mainly, supported noble metal catalysts as well as oxidic catalysts are investigated. Substantial expertise exists in the field of heterogenization of homogeneous, even of chiral catalysts, in multiphase systems and on numerous supports. The experiments are executed in the liquid phase in batch (1-150 bar) and continuous reactors.
The projects are enabled by public or governmental support (e.g. BMBF, BMELV, AiF) or carried out within industrial bilateral co-operations.